Crest Solutions are seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team and work on our customer site in Cork.
What We Do:
Crest Solutions are an engineering and software company that supply and support the resourcing of engineers, analysts, specialists and other professionals in this field. We are home to a vibrant group of professionals, working together to deliver to our clients. As a Gold Certificated company in the NSAI Excellence Through People scheme, Crest Solutions strives to guide many of Ireland’s most successful organisations to become more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative, through the development of great people.
The Automation Engineer will be detailed to work, together with other engineers, in a multidisciplinary team focused on expansion & improvement projects. Responsible for managing the automation element of system upgrades and new equipment introduction e.g. utilities control systems (inc BMS integration), & Filling & Packaging equipment control System introduction. This includes management of automation project activities through project conception, design, planning, approval, execution, validation, and delivery. The engineer will ensure that systems are appropriately integrated to site Network and conform to relevant regulatory & company specifications & requirements
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Management of the automation aspects of projects, through conception, approval, planning, execution, and validation in all parts of the plant including Production and Packaging, Utilities, and Warehouse
- Complete automation design reviews associated with equipment introduction / change
- Create specifications and standard procedures for new system introductions that align with best practice / industry standards
- Input into the development & execution of FAT / SAT & IQOQ protocols in Ireland & abroad.
- Work closely with vendors of equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new equipment with existing site systems / network.
- Align with vendors and provide input to the development of project schedules and document trackers.
- Ensure that key commitments and milestones are delivered on time.
- Communication and Stakeholder management.
- GMP Documentation - Author, review and approve changes to Quality records, Procedures and Specifications relating to automation system(s).
- Comply with Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute cGMP in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions
Skills and Experience:
- Automation Engineering / Advanced Degree and / or master’s in Engineering or Life Sciences.
- 7 + years’ experience in engineering in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development,
- manufacturing, & clinical manufacturing).
- Experience in executing engineering projects.
- Experience of code changes and software engineering related activities including GMP qualification / lifecycle management experience.
- Proficient in a range of PLC control systems, primarily Siemens Controllers (Simatic S5 to S7- 1500) and Rockwell (AB ControlLogix 5570 /5573)
- Proficient in the use of Operating systems primarily Windows, Virtual Severs VMWare vSphere o Proficient with industrial DCS, SCADA systems, WinCC, Flexible and FT Studio View
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of industrial communications – ProfiNET, ProfiBUS, ASiBus, Modbus RS485/ TCP/IP, OPC DA/UA
- Experience with IT/OT Networking – Historian & Reporting Applications o Experience with FANUC Robots an advantage
- Experience with Honeywell (Trend 963 / IQ Vision) or Siemens (Desigo) Building Management Systems an advantage
- The candidate will have knowledge and proficiency in the use of analysis tools, continuous improvement methodologies, problem solving and applied engineering relating to control systems
Why Join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary.
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme.
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program.