Supply Chain Specialist- Purchasing
Crest Solutions have an open position for a Supply Chain Professional to join our team. This is a fixed term contract.
The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and purchase of raw materials and consumables, by converting the output of the Master Schedule and Detailed Schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed. This role will form an integral part of a team which optimizes the flow of materials (order to release) while considering warehouse capacities and inventory targets in order to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage, storage costs and avoid any material or consumable scrap. The role will support the sourcing and onboarding of new and alternate suppliers for key raw materials.
- Support the capital project execution and operational readiness activities where required, representing the Material Operations and Global Procurement functions.
- In collaboration with the Operations team, Global Procurement, Quality & Global Compliance; co-ordinate & manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements and contracts put in place when & where applicable.
- Ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials are created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
- Execute on the output of the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
- Maintain Raw Materials and Consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials
- Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Support the sourcing and onboarding of new and alternate suppliers for key raw materials.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with Master Schedule.
- A minimum Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Project Management Certification is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial but ERP system competency is essential.
Why Join Crest Solutions?
In Crest Solutions, we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. As part of the Crest Solutions team, you will be exposed to, and have the opportunity to work with, the latest cutting-edge technologies. The
This role also includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program