Crest Solutions are seeking a Process/Packaging Engineer to join our team and work on our customer site in Mayo.
What We Do:
Crest Solutions are an engineering and software company that supply and support the resourcing of engineers, analysts, specialists and other professionals in this field. We are home to a vibrant group of professionals, working together to deliver to our clients. As a Gold Certificated company in the NSAI Excellence Through People scheme, Crest Solutions strives to guide many of Ireland’s most successful organisations to become more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative, through the development of great people.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Process / Packaging Engineer is responsible for safely coordinating and leading projects associated with Automation, Aseptic processing, new processing equipment, packaging, new Facility builds or modifications/extensions.
The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure that the project meets its agreed goals/targets on time and on budget.
The E&T engineer reports project progress to the Project Manager to ensure the equipment/facility design and goals/targets are achieved
- Safely coordinate the delivery of processing equipment to the site based on planned timelines and scope. Processing equipment would
- include e.g. autoclaves, LAF units, moulds, extruders, packaging equipment upgrades, lyophilsers, isolators, containment
- booths and stopper processing equipment.
- Coordination of processing equipment installation and services hook up, working with equipment vendors and engineering
- Lead the Project Team or support the Project Manager in Factory Acceptance Testing program.
- Coordination of all equipment documentation requirements.
- Commissioning of equipment for validation activities.
- Preparation of equipment training and maintenance protocols.
- Report into the Project Manager on project progress and advice/support on key project outcomes
- Contribute in a team environment on specific technical problem solving forums associated with product manufacture, aseptic fill
- and Packaging.
- Deliver Process improvement projects.
- Work with the relevant Business Unit team leaders to implement improvement opportunities
- Third level qualification in an Engineering or Science or equivalent discipline/experience
- Experience of working within either the medical device or pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage but not necessary. Minimum of 1 – 3 years experience.
- Project Management experience is preferable but not necessary
- Interpersonal skills required to operate in a multi-function project team set up.
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative to articulate and deliver specific functional requirements for all aspects of the project and work with members of various disciplines and functions across the project.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience of working on a team, including strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exposure to process/equipment projects preferred.
- Experience in a GxP regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing systems is preferred.
- Proficient in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office and SQL 2008 Server preferred
- Flexibility to respond to production issues outside normal business hours.
- Ability to learn new and different technologies.
Why Join Crest Solutions?
At Crest Solutions we understand that our people are our greatest asset. For this reason and many others, we take care of them. The team in Crest Solutions benefits from a Total Rewards package. This includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary.
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme.
- A varied and exciting career with Crest Solutions with opportunities to work in a cutting-edge, innovative technological environment.
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance program